The Goods

Kurt Christenson: Writer, Comics, Film, Erotica, Photos, Dive Bars
TUMBLR * Write Club * Unwinnable * Amateur Erotica * the Tower of Brahma

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

NW:o - Memory Mesmerism Memorial

5/27/13

I sat indoors all day editing chapters of my writing, looking back at moments caught in poetic phrasing, words I had written in desperation for salvation, guidance, and redemption. Seven years ago I was as naive a twenty-nine year old as you could find. 
Now, at thirty-six, I sit on the toilet in my Brooklyn apartment, the continual stream of traffic from the BQE comforts as I gaze up at the Freedom tower framed in dusk magic hour sunlight. My life has become complicated, endangered and invigorated, beyond what I could have imagined. 
As everything I know is threatened, every nightmare realized, thrown into the great societal slaughterhouse that is the justice system, shown daily that the economic imbalance is primed for revolution, I am given the clarity of my vision. A new kitschy distraction for your handheld device of choice, which will provide me the means to rule over the masses.
Part Steve Jobs by way of Walt Disney, God's wrath towards the Tower of Babel shall I be, organizing the dissemination of the entire organism we call Mankind. What force collects the water droplets in the air just so as to create the swirling, cotton masses in the sky? That is who I answer to.
A king shuns his kingdom, feeling unable to rule, preferring the cold touch of the Fey, seeking solace in the simple magical wonder of the Universe Entire. Time to wake, work, and re-shape all of existence into a manageable mass extinction event.
I'm not here to stop it, though some will try. I will guide its course and drive it home, spilling open the body of the whale, annihilating the hero's journey, disemboweling pop culture's corpse to rain its entrails upon thee.
You have some time world. I have only begun my climb to Purgatory. I may be in the dark still, but I have a glimmer of hope that we can be saved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment