A few years into writing my novel I wanted to do something more fun and light, and really try to present superpowers via prose. It started as very philosophical/metaphysical and I based the title on the idea that there would be twenty-six chapters connecting it to the alphabet and I guess trying to present a new visual language for action/adventure in text format.
Here's two examples of just superheroic adventures. Villains, superpowers, battles across the city skyline. These are two examples of what I was really trying to do with this series. Kind of a loose two-parter, you don't really need to have read any of the others, though the previous ones set up the tone and approach to superpowers that I was going for, and the next few chapters, which I will post soon, continue this adventure down a dark path.
The Kinetic Kid Blues
This is as straight forward a superhero in prose format as I can pull off. It introduces the villain of the piece, Jordan McAllister, a Bill Gates/Steve Jobs-esque madman who is using his devices to disconnect people from reality.
Garden State of Mind
This is a continuation from Kinetic Kid, but it gets a bit more metaphorical and fantastic. It's from a time when I wound up living in New Jersey for a bit, unable to afford Manhattan prices. I had a little life there for awhile, but I eventually had to come back to NYC. But this is when I healed myself and regained my strength.
TWENTYSIX Part 1
TWENTYSIX Part 3
No comments:
Post a Comment