The Goods

Kurt Christenson: Writer, Comics, Film, Erotica, Photos, Dive Bars
TUMBLR * Write Club * Unwinnable * Amateur Erotica * the Tower of Brahma

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Short Stories

So in digging through my older material to see what pieces I have that still stand the test of time, I found a few personal favorites.

SEX, DRUGS & COMICBOOKS

This was one of my first short stories after years of not writing, or only writing comic scripts. Originally written somewhere around 2002, when 2012 seemed a long ways away.

WRITE YOUR OWN DAMN ENDING
A few years later I wrote this out of frustration with the piles of stories that I hadn't finished at that point. It was my way of apologizing to my creations for leaving them hanging, and/or to motivate myself to finish them.

TICKING, TOCKING, MIDNIGHT ROCKING vs. DESTROY ALL STORIES
This is one of my favorite things I've written. The concept is that a simple little story with no plot to speak of just sits out there in ideaspace when all of a sudden alternate reality fiction pirates show up. One half Christopher Nolan's FOLLOWING and one half Warren Ellis' THE AUTHORITY.

No comments:

Post a Comment