
Not with a bang but a whimper, which is fine by me. I've had enough excitement in the past month, summer, year, to last anyone a lifetime. So as my new life in Sunset Parks begins I welcome the little things.
The couple I'm roommating with, Matt & Rivkah, are amazingly talented cartoonists, and it's so refreshing to just talk 'shop' and be with pretty normal people. We talked on the roof after I got there, watching the sun set, met nice, friendly neighbors, got some dinner at the local diner, and just got to know each other.
Then I went off to work to take care of stuff, despite having the night off, and intended to go out and drink, dance, etc., but instead stayed at work and sat on tumblr all night. It's amazing how refreshing tumblr is, it often feels like home as I reblog and like the posts of those I follow. I've never been much for the internet, but I enjoy the community there.
I stayed at work til the wee hours of the morn, slighlty intimidated by the new 'hood at off hours (which I'm sure will seem silly in a week or so just as it did when I was in Harlem), and to get my favorite breakfast sandwich from the cart on 33rd & 8th. It's just that damn good. The train took awhile to get me back here, but once it did I watched the sun rise and breathed in the air coming off the East River.
Then I went inside, laid down, turned my phone on and read my last post. Who was that person who was in that relationship? What kind of massochist wanted to be with someone who could hurt them so? I feel bad for her, as she has no idea how far from sanity she is, but in an act of self-preservation and perhaps the first act of true self-love, I am done.
So that one last post of nostalgia, and then this one to acknowledge and move on. After all there is nothing but the glorious future lying before me. Comics, writing, Brooklyn friends, maybe somewhere I feel I belong for once.
Now, if these car alarms would stop going off I could probably get some sleep.
K
No comments:
Post a Comment